Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Water Drops

My daughter loves playing with water.  Her favorite water game is scoop-the-water, which I wrote about below.  But another game we enjoy is the water drop game.  I take a medicine dropper and fill it with water.  Then I squirt a couple drops of water onto different types of surfaces, and we see what happens to the water when it touches the surface.  When it touches non-porous surfaces, like on some of her hard toys, it leaves a circular drop!  When it touches porous surfaces, like certain fabrics, it disappears, leaving behind a wet circle!  If she were older, I'd ask her to guess, "What do you think will happen to the water when it touches this surface?" before doing a new surface, but she's not ready for that, yet.  We just have fun watching the water drops.  

 

No comments: