Friday, May 2, 2008

Pillow Counting

This is one of my daughter's favorite counting games.  I put 4 pillows on the floor in a circle and I put my daughter in the middle.  I say, "Where is your finger?"  We show each other our fingers, and then I say, "Let's count the pillows with our fingers."  We count 1-2-3-4.  Then we count the pillows with our noses (she thinks that is really silly), our whole hands, our heads, and our toes. Then, to count with our feet, I help her "jump" from pillow to pillow, counting 1-2-3-4 round and round the circle.  When we're done with that, I put her in the middle again, kind of laying her down, and do 1-2-3-4 TICKLE!  I use her hands (right hand for the pillows on her right and left hand for the ones on the left) and her feet to count, and then I say Tickle! and tickle her tummy with my nose.  She loves it.  

No comments: