Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tea Party

We are in the process of moving, and today I discovered a tiny tea set that my mom gave to me when I was a child.  I set it up for my daughter, and we played tea.  She pretended to pour the tea, and then I added the sugar and milk.  There are 4 place settings, and so she, I, her doll, and a stuffed animal enjoyed the tea together.  After awhile, my daughter decided we needed to wash the the dishes.  I brought a pan of water into her room and placed it on a towel.  Then I got a hand towel from the kitchen, and we put the dishes in and out of the water, washing and drying them.  When we were done, we had fun just playing with the water.  I don't remember ever really wanting to playing tea when I was a child.  I think I was too old by the time I received the set.  But my 21 month old loved it.   

No comments: